Saturday, August 21, 2010

BLESSINGS

Oh my, this is all so foreign to me. I have been setting in front of the computer for the last hour trying to figure out what to write. I have written several things, read what I wrote and quickly hit delete. A few days ago I was so excited to get my blog up and going. I thought, I have so much to blog about that I can hardly stand it. Now that it's in full force, what do I really have to say that people want to hear? The answer to that is, I don't know, but I'm going to give it a try. I will approach this new adventure just like I do everything else in my life......with all of my heart and soul. So, here it goes..............

What a perfect day to start posting on my blog. I truly am "So Divine"....... To me Divine means blessed. I found this out by looking through my little Thesaurus one day (by the way, my mom is so proud of me, as she was my high school English teacher) when I was trying to come up with a catchy name for my ETSY shop, as well as my blog. I wanted something that meant Blessed Family and I came up with "Divine Line." It's perfect, as I'm so blessed in every way.

As a family we celebrated my Grandma's 90th birthday today. It was so much fun, as it was the first time in I don't know how long that we were all together. All the kids, grandkids, great grandkids, daughters, husbands, wives, everyone was there, and when you live in the sticks like we do that is amazing. What an accomplishment, seriously to live to be 90 and still be in good health. Grandma T is probably the strongest (willed and headed...lol) person I know, but she has the biggest heart. She still drives to town, which is 50 miles one way, twice a week to volunteer at the local hospital. For those of you that live in Oregon, she goes to town on Tuesday's and Thursday's, so if at all possible do your chores around the house on those days and stay off the road. Believe me when I say that you will know it when you meet her, as she is that little old lady that can hardly see over the steering wheel, driving a car that looks like it was in the crash up derby last Sunday.......if you see her coming just PULL OVER. It's so funny, as I ask her what she hit and she will tell me that she has driven up to that some curb 100 times and she just doesn't know what happened this last time? To funny.... I just hope that if I live to be 90 that I am in as good of shape as she is and that my mind is still as bright as hers. She is truly an amazing lady and I am so blessed to be able to call her my Grandma.

Tomorrow is another day of celebration in our lives. Casey and I will have been married 5 years. Can you believe it, 5 whole years together. Again, just one more reason that I am completely blessed. I am married to the most wonderful man, husband and father I know. He is without a doubt my best friend and I am more in love with him today than I have ever been. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that every day is sheer bliss, because that would be FAR from the truth. But I can honestly say that our relationship is stronger, our love for each other is deeper and our life together, as a family seems to get better and better every day. I am truly "So Divine".

Then last and definitely not least, the best blessing of all. Our angel child.....Hunter Allen Patrick Coleman. As one of my friends said, "Life is Good, God is Good." That is so true, I am completely blessed in every aspect of my life and Hunter is just like icing on the cake. Casey and I adopted our son, from birth, on March 17, 2008. What a blessing he has been in our lives. There is absolutely nothing like motherhood. It is so hard for me to believe that he is going to be three in just a few short months. Where has the last two years gone? I remember the day we brought him home and I remember yesterday, but where did all the time go in between? I remember someone once told me that before you know it he will be going off to school, asking for the car keys and then moving away to college.....so true! Cherish every minute you have with your kids, as they simply grow up way to fast!

Life as a Coleman, life as I know it, is TRULY "SO DIVINE".......





1 comment:

  1. This was an amazing first post! Your life really is SO DIVINE. And I love that saying, "Life is good! God is good!" Wonder where you may have heard that from?

    Can't wait to read more about your adventures and blessings! So glad to have found you and your friendship!

    ReplyDelete